Enhancement and Service Manager
Objective: To successfully supervise and manage Enhancement and Irrigation Service work in the Portland area Branch.
- Assists scheduler with coordinating all Enhancement and Irrigation Service work and associated equipment, manpower, and necessary materials.
- Followup on assigned new leads, estimate and sell Enhancement projects.
- Strong command of irrigation systems, lighting, pumping systems, hardscapes, plant material, etc. necessary to the position.
- Coordinates associated equipment, manpower, and procures necessary materials.
- Responsible for financial management and profitability goals of department: Interpretation and management of monthly P&L statements, job cost reports, capital expenditures, and small tool budgets.
- Ensures profitability goals are met for all assigned work.
- Responsible for crew’s preparation, layout and clear understanding of scope of work and budgeted time.
- Monitors crew’s workmanship for quality and safety.
- Active in ensuring safety of crews and meeting our zero accidents goal. Promotes a safe work environment.
- Involvement in morning stretching program.
- Active with in-house training program and reinforces with on-site follow up with crews.
- Ensures equipment and tool inventories are used efficiently, maintained properly and monitored for loss, theft or damage.Trains all new Enhancement crew employees through the 90 day orientation period.
- Evaluates new employees during 90 day orientation period to determine fit for Enhancement team.
- Understands, supports, and enforces all company policies.
- Ensures staff keeps necessary certifications and licenses current
- Ensures that accurate pesticide records are maintained as required by the State of Oregon
- Coordinates all communication with clients once the job is sold including scheduling, scope of work changes and concerns. Communication should be coordinated with Account Manager if work is for an existing maintenance client.
- Anticipates customer problems and concerns and takes action to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Minimum five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the landscape industry.
- Excellent understanding of plant identification, irrigation system repairs and installation, hardscape installation, proper pruning practices, and proper lawn renovation practices.
- BS in horticulture or related field of study preferred.
- Landscape or Irrigation certifications preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
LCB #5876 Apply Now!
Irrigation Service Technician
Job Summary: The Irrigation Technician installs, repairs, and troubleshoots underground lawn sprinkler systems. Nature of Work: This position requires a lot of independent work as well as time flexibility, You must possess the following physical abilities such as trunk strength, manual dexterity, and wrist-finger movement in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Examples of Duties: Installs new drip and sprinkler systems. Ability to pass backflow assembly test exam. Knowledge of advanced irrigation systems(weather-based controllers, central irrigation systems, two wire, etc.) Knowledge of pumping systems, water features. Experience with landscape lighting. Capability to remove old systems and recover reusable equipment. Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks; troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types. Operates tractors and trenches to install/repair lines. Will work one on one with clients, great customer service skills are required. Minimum Qualification Requirements This position requires at least one year experience of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation experience; CLT CLIA certification is a plus. Must possess a current, insurable ODL and pass pre-employment drug test. Bilingual applicants, highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now!
Plant Health Care Spray Technician
Seeking an individual to apply both conventional and organic applications. Come work with the best, most passionate team of landscape professionals in the area! Must be organized and keep good application records. Top pay for the right individual with a profit sharing bonus at year end. Knowledge and experience in pesticide application required. Commercial Pesticide Applicator’s License required. Clean ODL and pre-hire drug screen.Apply Now!