Plant Procurement Specialist
DeSantis Landscapes is currently seeking a Plant Procurement Specialist. Objective: Company point person for sourcing and negotiating plant buys for construction and enhancement projects, for both of our branch locations (Portland and Salem offices). Responsibilities:
- Overseeing and inputting plant invoices and counts weekly
- Attend department scheduling meeting throughout the week to ensure that plant order lists generated in landscape software are complete and accurate.
- Compile, update, and share plant availability lists with sales staff to ensure maximum transparency of product availability in the marketplace.
- Efficiently organize and route weekly plant pickup routes. Routes will be posted in landscaping software or company web to ensure transparency of the nursery route.
- Visit nurseries frequently used to evaluate the product and develop relationships with nursery managers
- Regular plant pick-up and delivery to branch locations or job sites as needed.
- Competitive wage
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Medical insurance
- 401k plus company match
- 100 Best Green Companies to Work For (10 straight years)
- Excellent understanding of plant identification and nursery stock growing practices, proper pruning practices and fertilization.
- AA in horticulture or related field of study preferred.
- Nursery experience preferred
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
- An insurable Oregon driver's license.
LCB #5876 Apply Now!
Landscape Crew Members
Job Summary: Perform general landscape construction tasks including digging, raking, using a wheelbarrow and general clean up. Report to work on time. If unable to report to work on time, prior notification is mandatory. Use assigned tools in safe and proper manner. Report broken or missing tools. Help load and unload work truck. Help keep work truck clean and organized. Requirements: Wear leather work boots. Wear uniform clothing described by company standards. Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety regulations. Be able to lift 50 lbs. frequently throughout a 10 hour workday. Have reliable transportation to and from office or assigned job site. Treat others with respect. A pre-employment Drug Test is required. A Clean Oregon Driver's License is a plusApply Now!
Irrigation Service Technician
Job Summary: The Irrigation Technician installs, repairs, and troubleshoots underground lawn sprinkler systems. Nature of Work: This position requires a lot of independent work as well as time flexibility, You must possess the following physical abilities such as trunk strength, manual dexterity, and wrist-finger movement in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Examples of Duties: Installs new drip and sprinkler systems. Ability to pass backflow assembly test exam. Knowledge of advanced irrigation systems(weather-based controllers, central irrigation systems, two wire, etc.) Knowledge of pumping systems, water features. Experience with landscape lighting. Capability to remove old systems and recover reusable equipment. Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve clocks; troubleshoots computerized electronic systems, irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types. Operates tractors and trenches to install/repair lines. Will work one on one with clients, great customer service skills are required. Minimum Qualification Requirements This position requires at least one year experience of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation experience; CLT CLIA certification is a plus. Must possess a current, insurable ODL and pass pre-employment drug test. Bilingual applicants, highly encouraged to apply.Apply Now!